Hi Devon

I'm not an expert, but I believe the term Jacquard refers to a weaving method rather than specifically to the equipment/technology used to make it. So if the computer-controlled lace machines manipulate the threads the same way the old punch-card Jacquard machines did, they are Jaquard machines,

Jaquard Weave itself probably predates the punch-card operated Jacquard looms first used to mass-produce it, and the 19th/early 20th century punch-card operated Jacquard machines were a predecessor of modern computers - my software developer husband still has a pile of punch cards from when all computers were programmed that way (only about 40 years ago).

Beth

NW England