Thank you all for the kind comment about my Gros Pr. Needlelace piece.  Gros
Point is my favourite lace to make!! Doing the raised cordonets and
embellishments if great fun – providing I have planned them carefully
beforehand.  I tend to get carried away, and over do it a bit sometimes!!

Apologies for not answering sooner, but I was out all day yesterday
demonstrating at a Pioneer Cottage Open Day. I was the “Tatting Lady” this
year!! There were 2 bobbin lacemakers along side me, and we created quite a
bit of interest – as usual!

As to the remark I made about Aurifil thread. – Jeri, I only used the #50
for that needlelace.  My comment about the #28 thread was in regards to some
bobbin lace I made with it.

Re the plaited ribbon ‘frame” – It takes a long length of ribbon – I
think it was 9 times the finished length (but I won’t sweat to that!) –
fold the length of narrow ribbon in half, - so you start in the centre of the
length, and fold it Right over left, leaving a small loop. Take the left
thread (was originally on the right) and take it to the back and pass a loop
through the first loop, and ease to tighten that first loop.  Now take the
right hand ribbon (was originally on the left), and pass it around the back
and through the 2nd loop (made with the left ribbon tail), tighten the loop,
-- and carry on alternating the  ribbon tails, and tightening up each one as
you go.
It is hard to describe, - and you can’t see my hands waving around!!!!! :)
I will try to put a photo on my Flikr page. (If I can remember how to do it!!)
It does look nice around a piece of lace, and is easy to do, once you get
started.  I use a narrow ribbon, about a quarter inch, or half centimetre
wide, I think.

It sounds like that was a wonderful trip for the World Congress.

Regards from Liz, in chilly Melbourne, Oz.