Dear Sue, and Clare,
Yes, I am having an amazing time. It is great fun and the lace exhibit
is actually the most successful exhibit they have ever had. I think
that the historic inn would be well advised to write up an article in
any historic inn trade magazines that may exist about how desirable it
might be for historic inns to contribute to lace exhibits in local
museums. Who knew that hordes of luncheon seeking lace enthusiasts
would roam the streets, looking for historic structures (with which
they are well-acquainted due to multiple lace demonstrations) pockets
weighed down with money looking for a good time?
Interestingly, Clinton, due to its historic aspects and very scenic
bridge over a waterfall between two mills, both museums, is a favorite
fall day trip destination because the trees are very pretty. While I
was showing the Belgians around, there were several other visitors.
One woman was overwhelmed by the Carriage of Lost Love. Later I asked
her how she had heard of the exhibit. She said that they had not heard
about it, but were just on an autumn drive to scenic Clinton and
stopped in. I am so glad that the exhibit occurred in the fall when
Clinton is particularly pretty.
Devon