Devon,

Quite a few of the handkerchiefs that were donated by the Duchesse de
Richelieu, in memory of the Princess Alice of Monaco, in 1963, were of
interest, largely because I couldn't see an obvious join in most of them.
Several had flat corners: e.g., 63.196.17.  In the ones with gathered
corners, I'd be interested again in the join and if it was "hidden" in the
gathers: e.g., 63.196.3.  I noted the accession numbers of several others
in that donation as ones to look at, but stopped making detailed notes
because I couldn't tell much from the photos: 63.196.2, 63.196.1,
63.196.16.  Others not in that donation: 59.62.7, 41.14.16, 08.47.27,
54.94.3, and 41.14.15.

The one that impressed me out of that batch donated was 63.196.12, a
figural Binche, but there the join was obvious (I think).

Your photos on ning IOLI are very good. That piece was one I had noted, and
thought it looked like the corners all had a seam.

Some of the needle lace handkerchiefs are quite distracting. :-) I really
regret being totally unable to do satisfactory needle lace.

Nancy
Connecticut, USA