Hello all,

First the important thing.  Did you happen to see the flattering publicity I
got with the discovery of  Englands oldest dated lace bobbin?  1662.even
before the  Great Fire of London!  It has really helped with the East
Devon/Downton project so I am building on it by trying to right a big
difference in the information available on  Midland bobbins as opposed to
Honiton bobbins.

Did you know there is no collection of inscriptions/mottoes on Honiton
bobbins?  Wright has pages of them for East Midland bobbins, but Hontions,
pretty well ZERO anywhere.

I wonder IF you happen to have any Honiton (Downton) inscribed bobbins,
would you be good enough to write them down and send them to me, please? IF
accompanied by even a phone snap of the bobbin that will raise a  BIG smile
to my face.

Re the lace town map.  I think I am going to give up on that as the villages
of old were so "close" to each other, a map becomes a blur of names.  I will
see if there is another way around this.

You would need to be getting on in years,  but I am writing a "lace"
biography of Marian Powys, have any of you got any personal memories of her
that you are willing to share, please?  Mind you she made her lace mark
mostly in America.

What a miserable mate I am, all I ever ask you to do is "work" for me!!!

Thanks to all of you.

Brian

  _____

.