Dear All,

Firstly I have no idea about programming or software etc.  This note to the
list is purely based on a discussion being held currently on another list I
belong to (Jackrail; Harpsichords and clavichords) They are considering
changing to a modern "mail list" programme.

I suspect that our programme is quite old by now, so I offer this to those
who know better than me.

I am not sure about this following statement so please forgive me if I am
wrong:  "I think that our current list costs money to run and we have a
generous benefactor".

I think that "Discourse", the programme Jackrail is considering moving to,
is free. (see below)

Next reason is that besides the proposed new software being 100% open
source, it provides for drag and drop photos. (The one thing that made me
stop and think about writing about it to Arachne!)

The programme is called  Discourse and you can read about Discourse here if
you have a special interest in it.

https://www.discourse.org

With that suggestion, I leave it to those who are far more knowledgeable
than myself to pursue if it is worthwhile.

I can put anyone especially interested and technically capable,  in it in
touch with the Jackrail convenor.

I share this with the best intentions and the last thing I want is for it
causes a furore in our happy band list users.  We will not be able to
compete with Facebook, but perhaps we enjoy improved features?

Like I say, I have no idea about the technicalities.

Jean and I are in voluntary lockdown being in the mid-80s + risk group.  All
of you take care.

Special thanks to all of you who are health carers from an old "RN" who
worked through the isolation hospital era!!

Take care.

Regards  Brian