Dear all,

As much as it would definitely be nice to have the ability to add photos
etc to Arachne posts, I have to say there is something I like about the old
school format of this list. With so many platforms oversaturated with
photos these days, it can be refreshing to be limited to bare-bones text.
Devon and I had a discussion once about how the text-only format of Arachne
encourages more in-depth theoretical conversations that tend to happen in
Bobbin lace Facebook groups, where most often people post photos of their
work and receive comments of praise, but it doesn't foster long
conversations. For example, Devon described a discussion that happened once
on Arachne debating whether Communism or Democracy were better for
lacemakers.

However, I don't disagree with the idea of changing platforms, if we could
figure out how to do it smoothly. My only concern is less tech-savvy
members being left behind. I'd also like to float the idea of an Arachne
"Zoom" meet up - the video meeting chat platform, if anyone is interested.
We had a Brooklyn Lace Guild meeting on Zoom and it was great fun to see
each other. I just hope that during the the global shutdown we can at least
have more discussions here online, wherever that may be!

Stay well everyone!
Best Wishes,
Elena