No worries, I get enthusiastic too and I realize tone can be difficult to
interpret in email. :)

There is still a lot of conversation going on with the editors determining
where to put different textiles because they're so hard to categorize. As
one of three volume editors for this particular volume my role is really to
field experts such as yourselves to flesh out these ideas – so I'm grateful
for the insights! When I submitted the proposal to work on the project my
main emphasis was on wanting the lace section to be broad and fleshed out
the way it deserves to be. So often lace is just a footnote in textile
history books and that is so frustrating when it's such a massive topic! So
the more contributors we have in lace, the better.

Best,
Elena