Am I misreading the announcement on The Textile Society of America website?
It would seem that the architecture of the Encyclopedia has already been
established and will consist of 10 volumes. Rather than discussing whether
bobbin lace should be added into the already chock full volume about woven
textiles, wouldn't it be a better use of our time, after writing erudite
articles about every form of lace, to try to insert lace into the other
volumes. I know that someone could write something about lace in Trade and
Industry. Who wants to take Function and the Everyday? Textile Futures
seems ripe with possibilities, although I am not signing up for Sacred and
Ceremonial. Politics and Power, am I hearing Lace Wars? Raw materials
should be a shoo in, ie. Flax in Flanders.
Devon