Hi,

We are preparing an instance of the LT http server to be used at the
Softcatalà webpage.

For regional and stylistic variants in Catalan, it is indispensable for us
to enable and disable rules (at the same time) from the web interface. The
problem is that when you use the "enabled" parameter (in a http query as in
the command-line), all rules are disabled except those enabled explicitly
(see method selectRules in Tools.java).

I have found two possible solutions.

1) We could enable all necessary rules in a config file, and use only the
"disabled" parameter in the queries. To do this some changes are needed to
allow configuration via query and via config file at the same time, because
now they are mutually exclusive (see method getLanguageToolInstance in
LanguageToolHttpHandler.java). I'm not sure if this would work.

2) We could write a method similar to selectRules (in Tools.java) but
slightly different, to be used by the LT web server, so the use of the
"enabled" parameter doesn't disable all rules by default. The current
behavior makes sense in the command-line application for testing only one
rule or a few rules, but it doesn't seem useful in the http server.

I prefer the second solution. Let me know if you think there is any
inconvenience with this.

Regards,
Jaume Ortolà