W dniu 2014-03-08 11:16, Kumara Bhikkhu pisze:
> Here's where it came from:
> Others however are more or less combinations of both samatha and...

It is difficult to say whether "more or less" is supposed to modify
"combinations" or "are", as the sentence structure is slightly unclear,
and without further context, it is difficult to decide.

I suppose you may be right that this belongs to "are", but then I cannot
be really sure that it will be easy to make an exception for such a
structure. Maybe a pattern for inflected plural "be" + "more or less"
would do it in this case. Indeed, there are multiple cases of this.

> You will find in dictionaries that "more or less" is an idiom that
> functions as one adverb.

Yes, of course; I don't deny this.

 > In the above, it means
> "to some degree". In http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/more+or+less,
> we find an example: /This room is more or less an extra - we don't
> really need it.

Yep; my problem was that I only saw a part of the sentence.

Marcin