W dniu 2014-03-23 10:42, Dave Pawson pisze:
> On 23 March 2014 09:20, Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@languagetool.org> wrote:
>> On 2014-03-23 08:32, Dave Pawson wrote:
>

>>> Specifically:
>>> Entering a 'wrong' sentence. Hit a key and it skips to end of line?
>>> Odd, not used to it.
>>
>> I either don't understand what you mean or I cannot reproduce it. Which
>> browser are you using?
>
> Linux, Chrome browser.
>
> Enter text, back arrow 10 characters, press any character and the cursor
> skips to end of line? As in C-e in emacs.
> I.e. it seems not to be a 'usual' editable field?
>

>>> 'show analysis' page.
>>
>> Having easier to understand tag names is on our TODO list but we're not
>> there yet.
>
> Understood.
>

>>> 1. Who is interested in the analysis? A user? A developer only?
>>
>> Anybody using the tool to develop non-trivial rules, i.e. rules that
>> don't just refer to plain words but to part-of-speech tags.
>
> OK...  How about adding a 'reason' for the page?
> "Please examine the analysis and check that you agree with it.
> Then correct the example (or report a bug?"
> Something like that?

Not really. The analysis cannot be corrected by hand, as we need a rule
that would actually generate the analysis we want for any similar
sentence. For this, we use the disambiguator (disambiguation rules look
almost exactly like grammar rules but their point is to rewrite the POS
tags, usually by removing the ones that make no sense in the context).

The analysis shows how one particular sentence was analyzed but if your
rule uses part of speech tags, then it will match an infinite number of
similarly structured sentences (or sentence parts). By showing the
analysis, we make it easier to see the grammatical structure of the
example sentences and to write up a rule describing the structure. In
particular, one can see how the correct and incorrect examples differ to
use the proper tags in the rule so that there are no false positives.

Best,
Marcin