W dniu 2014-04-08 15:44, Dmitri Gabinski pisze:
>  From a recent discussion, I've learned that LT code includes a class
> named WordFastTMReader, which made me think that LT can read and check
> translation memory files in the Wordfast format.
>
> I've downloaded the latest stable standalone version (2.5), unpacked and
> started languagetool.jar by double click (in Windows 7/JRE 1.7.0_51). I
> clicked on the file open icon, in the appeared dialog window, with txt
> for the file type, navigated first to a genuine WF TM (in UTF-16LE),
> English to Russian, and opened it. The text appeared garbled, instead of
> Cyrillic letters weird strings appeared, such as:
>
> = 0 A B > I B 5 ; L = >  ?
>
> LT just hung, and I had to kill the task from Task Manager. There was no
> encoding selector available.
>
> Then I tried an Anaphraseus TM (same format, but in UTF-8). Again,
> Cyrillic letters were garbled, like that:
>
> РўРёРї СһРμР-СНЬР± С<
>
> Obviously, LT found tons of errors.
>
> I tried to search the Wiki only to find the following enigmatic phrase:
>
> Programmatically, you can also use Wordfast Translation Memory, but it's
> not available yet on the command line.
>
> 1. What does the above phrase mean? Can LT check WF TMs or not?

It can. It just does not open the files without additional Java code ;)

> 2. Is there something that I'm missing?

Yes: the support is not there because I lost interest. Let's think first
of the use case. Right now you can easily check WordFast/Anaphraus TM
using CheckMate in a way you described:

 >I'd be happy with GUI, with two columns (source and target) and
 >automatic language detection by the TM codes.

So I'm simply not sure if there's any benefit in adding the code on our
side. Getting a GUI to work will need some time -- and I'm not sure if
this is exactly worth it.

If there were a pipeline that one uses, for example, to automatically
change the terminology in a TM, then we could build something. Right now
I'm not sure how one would use this function. I know I built it but
there was no support for LT in CheckMate at the time ;)

> 3. LT must have an encoding selector for the files to load.

I guess both UTF-8 and UTF-16 can be easily auto-detected.

Regards,
Marcin