Everybody in the list

I have a situation like this

------        (IP1)
linux  |----eth0.40------ |
router |                  |      |
box    |     (IP2)        |------|Client Router ( Destiantion Net DNET)
       |----eth0.41------ |      |                    /27 subnet
------

I just want to balance the load of bandwidth per packet based between the
two vlan interfaces  to Client Destination network
What i have done is :

//////////
bash#/sbin/ip route add equalize $DNET scope global nexthop via
$IP1 dev eth0.40 weight 1 nexthop via $IP2 dev eth0.41
weight 1
/////////
bash#ip route show $DNET

$DNET equalize
        nexthop via $IP1  dev eth0.40 weight 1
        nexthop via $IP2  dev eth0.41 weight 1

But the traffic towards the $DNET does not seem equalized at all
It goes out allways to the same interface

Is this a problem of route caching or the  equalize patch needs to be
applied to 2.6.17 kernel , or then I am missing something  ???

Thanks a lot

Hysen Hoxha
Albtelco
Albania