At 08:47 -0700 01/30/2004, Jim West wrote:
>It is a mystery to me why the VI cannot be open or running.  This
>eliminates several useful scenarios.

It also eliminates the confusion of having two different frontpanels active at the
same time.  The open one or the sub-panel one!

They can be running.  The examples show several running VIs.
examples/general/controls/subpanel.llb

Item 2, is possible.  If I am thinking of what you are describing, then I have done
that.

Item 3,just means removing it from the subpanel before opening its front panel.  Or
vice-versa.  Keep the reference to it open so it stays in memory.

-Scott