"Jim West" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am disappointed that in order to use the subpanels; I have to have the
>caller do the work.  It would be so much easier if the VI could just use
>a subpanel control reference to insert themselves in a subpanel.

Well you usually have one caller and many subpanels. Implementing it
once in the caller instead of 50 times in each subpanel seems like a
lot of time saving to me. It also seems more logical to me to do it
in the caller but that may be just my warped mind.

Rolf Kalbermatter
CIT Engineering Nederland BV    tel: +31 (070) 415 9190
Treubstraat 7H                           fax: +31 (070) 415 9191
2288 EG Rijswijk        http://www.citengineering.com
Netherlands             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]