This contains very discouraging interview with Bill Gates.  With a decidedly biased
opinion piece, but certainly an educated discussion.
http://billpalmer.net/com000144.html

The full interview is <http://www.jas.com/shame/shame/focus.html>

Obligatory LV content....  Do bugs get fixed between versions.  Yesterday evening I
looked over the bug list for LV from V 6 to 7.X.  There are many long standing bugs,
that just are not getting fixed!   This is in 4 major upgrades of LV (some I know
existed in LV 5.1!).

A clear example is the "thermometer units" bug.  Now it could be worked around by
creating a VI, but it is still clear that it is a bug and fixing bugs in existing
software has two drawbacks for a corporations.  No glory and no income.