Paul Brown wrote:

The best way to estimate your speed is to run both the example and your vi
on your machine.  Multiply the ratio of these by the speed of the example
on the official machine (1008.6 ms).  This should give you a decent
prediction of your official time, despite the differences in hardware.

"It ain't necessarily so." [Be thankful you can't hear my singing!]

My entry is 10% slower under LV7 and OS X than under LV6 and OS 9, but the original example slows down 2.5X with the same change in environment. Not all types of code scale the same.

--
        EnWirementally,
        Paul F. Sullivan

        SULLutions              (781)769-6869
        "when a single discipline is not enough"

visit http://www.SULLutions.com