On Friday 14 October 2016 10:50:28 Michael Schnell via Lazarus wrote:

> With a more careful design it's absolutely possible to do "non RAD"
> programs by doing "GUI units" and "business code Units" that interact
> via Objects with functions, properties and events (callback-properties) .

Separating GUI and program logic is also possible with RAD. See for example
MSEkicadBOM, the application I am currently working on.
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseuniverse/tree/master/tools/kicad/bom
It is a component and footprint database program for KiCad.

It consists of a datamodule with the program logic and the database and action
components:
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/kicadbommainmo.png

a mainform with the mainmenu, GUI actions and the main datagrid:
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/kicadbommainfo.png

and several editforms:
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/kicadbomcomponented.png

The editforms inherit from a common base editform with base functionality
(datasource, navigator, timestamp display, window close logic...) and have no
or GUI-code only. The connection GUI<>datamodule is made with TDataSource,
action- and ifi-dataendpoint-components.

If done right the RAD-approach is productive and convenient, the projects are
easily extendable and maintainable.

Martin