On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 12:13:32PM +0100, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> Regarding the FPC guides. I consider the FPC Language Reference the most
> important one, so I manually converted it (and keep it in sync with FPC
> releases when I can), and also added my own additions to take advantage
> of the INF format. See attached screenshot.
>
> As for the others guides, I wrote a tool that does LaTex to IPF
> conversions (that was hard). I also did a HTML to IPF tool. But in both
> cases some elements are not yet converted, and generally the formatting
> is not nearly as good as it should be (my standards are high when it
> comes to help formatting). So I don't publicise what I don't think is of
> high enough quality yet.

If you can store a reasonably abstract inbetween format that would be good.

> Take the Free Pascal CHM help as an example - it is horrific looking.
> The fpdoc's HTML output writer was clearly designed for online HTML
> usage with popup browser windows and decent CSS support etc.

The HTML output writer is parameterizable. IOW there is html output and chm
output. The original CHM output was designed for the Windows help viewer
though, not Lhelp.

It works fine in the IDE though.

>  The CHM
> conversion of that gives broken links, unsupported features and bad
> formatting.

This is incorrect for fpdoc output, as it is not the html data that is being
converted. So I'm going to need examples here.