On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 10:29:05 +0200, Michael Schnell via Lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>On 12.06.2018 17:08, Sven Barth via Lazarus wrote:
>> No. Delphi does *not* solve this by using dynamic linking.
>OK. I see. Thanks for pointing this out.
>
>Hence in such a (potentially problematic) case the suggested solution
>might be helpful even with Delphi.
>
>But as Bo's code seemingly works fin with Delphi, hopefully compiling
>the Dongle code into the Lazarus IDE will simply work as expected.

I gave up on having the dongle as part of the IDE since simply
creating the object in application code as needed is OK. It works in
that setting so the OBJ file after conversion to CUFF format seems to
be OK for the application even though Lazarus itself barfs at it.

Not a real issue enymore. The concept of dropping a component on a
form to use it is coming from when we started using Delphi a long time
ago.
And the non-visual components were dropped on a data module at the
time.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden