> Now when testing I have experienced that Lazarus trows up an exception
dialog when code inside such a construct is running

The debugger by default catches all exceptions, handled or not, because it
catches the exception before your handler (the except block). Configure
exceptions to ignore in debugger options.

> When I hit Continue I expect the code to run the except block but it does
> not.

There are too many possibilities, if you set a breakpoint in the LogDebug
statement, after pressing continue, does the debugger stop there?

--
Sent from: http://free-pascal-lazarus.989080.n3.nabble.com/