El 25/10/18 a las 18:46, Bo Berglund via Lazarus escribió:
I am working on a port of a Windows Win32 command line program (Delphi
2007) to Linux Ubuntu 18.04 64bit.

I am almost done now and my tests show that the basic functionality
works as intended.
But I am not sure about the exception handling at all...

In my code I have many instances of:
try
   some code block
except
   on E: Exception do
   begin
     LogDebug('Exception in module xxxx: ' + E.Message;
   end
end;

Now when testing I have experienced that Lazarus trows up an exception
dialog when code inside such a construct is running (it typically
comes from some Indy10 operation). When I hit Continue I expect the
code to run the except block but it does not.
There are no log messages concerning the exception....

So I wonder if this is a difference between Windows and Linux or some
missing configuration setting on my part?

Do you get that exception dialog when you run the executable out of the IDE environment?

I mean, maybe the exception is handled inside indy10, so it is not propagated to the level of your except block. My theory is that the exception dialog is raised by Lazarus environment whenever an exception is raised, handled or not, and if you click "continue", then Indy10 handles it.

--
Saludos

Santiago A.