On Wed, 18 Dec 2019, Werner Pamler via lazarus wrote:

For FPC, I only edit manually. I don't see why this would be error prone ?

Typos! Once I tried to build the html help files myself and it failed because somebody had forgotten the slash in the end tag of some element. I can imagine dozens of such errors. And there is no feedback, only when someone at some time in the future builds the help files again and is annoyed by the crash due to somebody else's mistakes.

That's why the docs of fpc have the checkxml tool, which is used to quickly
check
the XML structure after editing, before committing or building.

Michael.