On Thu, 19 Dec 2019, Don Siders via lazarus wrote:

BTW: User Don Siders is doing an excellent job in continuously
submitting patches for the xml files. The help files have improved
considerably since then (I wonder how he is editing the xml files.)

Thanks for the compliment.

I am using the IDE to navigate source and determine ancestry. I use
Atom to edit the FP Doc XML description files (due to its support for
XML syntax and "XML-completion" facilities). I use Tidy to validate
the XML content. I use ASpell to catch spelling mistakes and
fat-fingered typing.
Since makeskel doesn't support update mode, I resolve additions and
removals using a tool I cobbled together using TPasSrcAnalysis and
TXMLDocument. Apparently a duplicate check needs to be added to it.

makeskel does support update, the Makefile of fpc docs has even a target for
it ?

It only does additions, though. I suppose that deletions should also be easily added.

Michael.