On 16/03/2023 07:53, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
The install seems to have worked, but seeing this release comment I now have to
ask if 3.2.2 is a *requirement* for proper operation or if it just happens to be
what you used when building?

Do I have to change my fpc installed version and rebuild Lazarus to have it work
properly?

No, its not. Currently 3.2.0 is the minimum supported. (All else before is your own good luck, or the absence thereof).

We usually support:
- the current fcp release (at the moment 3.2.2)
- the previous release (3.2.0)
- fixes branch and main branch / for both support may lack a few days, if there are breaking changes.

Though, we do more/most testing with the current release. Issues that are 3.2.0 only usually only get attention when reported. On the other hand, issues that are only 3.2.0 are usually "doesn't compile at all" (and IIRC we have a CI task for that now).