Same with logcache. I am in Git Lazarus source directory but it asks for a
parameter.

[juha@juha-fp30 lazarus]$ ../lazgitgui/logcache
a file or directory of a git repository is needed
[juha@juha-fp30 lazarus]$

These are standalone applications.
An idea for future development :
An IDE plugin that runs "git blame" for an active editor source file and
shows a HashID for each line. The associated commit is shown in another
window when the HashID is clicked. All that using a local Git repo history,
no network access is needed.

That kind of IDE integration would make sense. I never understood the
traditional revision control plugins that allow commits from the IDE. What
is the benefit? I have anyways saved and tested all my changes when I want
to commit. I can as well start a proper commit tool from outside the IDE.
There is no true integration, the IDE plugin is only started from a
different place.

Juha