On 29-jul-23 8:42 a. m., Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

On 29/07/2023 12:55, Juha Manninen via lazarus wrote:
An IDE plugin that runs "git blame" for an active editor source file
and shows a HashID for each line. The associated commit is shown in
another window when the HashID is clicked. All that using a local Git
repo history, no network access is needed.
That kind of IDE integration would make sense. I never understood the
traditional revision control plugins that allow commits from the IDE.
What is the benefit? I have anyways saved and tested all my changes
when I want to commit. I can as well start a proper commit tool from
outside the IDE. There is no true integration, the IDE plugin is only
started from a different place.
Well, log for the current file would be useful too, and easier.

yeah, file history is currently available in LazGitGit

But what I really fancy is an integrated "git diff" => where the
SourceEditor/SynEdit shows chages inline.
Could be different detail levels
- just line markers /like the current changed/save marker (yellow/green)
- diff show at bottom (like winmerge)
- maybe side by side split editor (though external tools to that well)
- inline markup, like MS-word capturing changes: red/strikethrough for
stuff deleted by current diff, green for stuff added.
This could work, as you type.
It would work without gif, against the saved file, or a backup.
With git, against HEAD or index (or both / 3 color)

By itself, it could be a great tool.

For the moment I could use a full source diff tool, like the one that comes
with TortoiseGit, winmerge, meld, etc. :)

Jesus Reyes A.