Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better if the Form Designer always used a consistent EOL
> character - no matter what platform?

To back up my claim of altering the behaviour of the Form Designer...
Many applications and protocols on the internet also use a single
consistent EOL character to minimize this issue.

"Most textual Internet protocols (including HTTP, SMTP, FTP, IRC and
many others) mandate the use of ASCII CR+LF (0x0D 0x0A) on the protocol
level, but recommend that tolerant applications recognize lone LF as well."
-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline

So I recommend that the Form Designer standardizes on the CRLF character
as the EOL character.

Regards,
  - Graeme -