Hans-Peter Diettrich schreef:
IMO a good add-on to the "Lazarus is invisible?" thread.

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
[snip]

DoDi, your attitude does not help the Lazarus image. Lazarus, like many
(most?) OS projects *is* difficult to understand when looking through the
eyes of a person not yet familiar with Lazarus or the organization of the web
pages/documentation. Most OS devs have grown with the project and have never
seen the steep hill in front of the newbie.

Just go to the Lazarus web page (http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/) and look
for installation instructions -  nothing visible...

I must be a very experienced OS project user: I just look for a download link, then I can choose windows 32 bits, and a version (not the old releases), and I get an exe. What to do with it? Run it, and Lazarus installs.

It simply didn't come to my mind, that people wanted to install it, without downloading.

Vincent