Nice screenshot Marc. :-)

2010/1/30 Marc Weustink <m...@dommelstein.net>:
>>  * What is Lazarus?
>
> About lazarus ?

I think this needs higher visibility than a small link. Some of that
content should really be on the front page.

>>  * Where can I documentation (IDE & LCL)?
>
> Wiki ?

Well, that's not very obvious is it?

>>  * Where can I get installation/setup instructions?
>>  * Where can I download it from?
>
> Download ?

Well, that answers half the question. So that link takes me to
SourceForge downloads. But the new users still doesn't know what is
the requirements to run Lazarus, installation instructions,
recommended location for install (quite important for Unix based OSes)
and that you need to install FPC separately (if you use non-Windows
OS). Oh, and Linux users could maybe use their disto's repository
system instead of the downloads on SourceForge.

All information NOT mentioned - which is VERY important for new users.

> I wonder how you missed those.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have an issue in setting up Lazarus or
FPC. I like to think I have a fully functional brain and can research
information (actually read what's on the screen) etc...  But other
users are NOT like that. I like to think that install Lazarus and FPC
is the easiest to do on Windows than any other platform. Yet when I
mentioned Lazarus as an alternative on the Delphi newsgroups (and yes
they are developers there), they all said how difficult it was to
setup and get working etc.. So there seems to be many stumbling blocks
in getting started with FPC and Lazarus. Maybe a simple introduction
or "step-by-step" guide to familiarize new users to the IDE etc might
be handy. I've used FPC and Lazarus for 5 years and I don't know if
such a document exists. No mention of it on the Lazarus website
either.

--
Regards,
  - Graeme -