On 31 January 2010 01:52, Marc Weustink <m...@dommelstein.net> wrote:
>> If it is to be for the FPC website too, then Firebird is a must.
>
> When talking databases, I'd prefer Postgresql.

Postgresql eluded me for many years (I don't know why). I was
pleasantly surprised when I took a look at Postgresql a few months
ago. A very nice database system and with excellent tools and
documentation.

Saying that, Postgresql is a bit more advanced than Firebird, in the
sense of setup, maintenance etc. So people with limited time, I would
still recommend Firebird. Firebird has the benefit of a "deploy and
forget" style and hardly needs maintenance afterwards.

--
Regards,
  - Graeme -