--- El jue 4-feb-10, Juha Manninen <juha.manni...@phnet.fi> escribió:

> De:: Juha Manninen <juha.manni...@phnet.fi>
> Asunto: Re: [Lazarus] Delphi converter improvements
> A: "Lazarus mailing list" <lazarus@lists.lazarus.freepascal.org>
> Fecha: jueves 4 de febrero de 2010, 11:45
> Paul Nicholls wrote:
> > Is there anyway I could try out your Lazarus delphi
> converter improvements?
> > What is the procedure for this?
>
> Any comments from Lazarus developers?
>
> Juha
>
> --

I tested the patch(es), it involves parts of Lazarus which I don't usually
touch so I won't comment on the code but on the results.

In summary, yes, I think it's an improvement.

My comments are about the conversion process and don't know if the patch meant
to fix some of the problems I found.

I was playing with some synapse samples and tried to convert some (I did it
manually many years ago) when converting mime project sample
(synapse39.zip/source/demo/mime).

* The first is the usual dialog where converter inform us that some properties
are invalid and offer us to remove them. But this dialog needs some improvement
for example when there is a component on form resource that is unknown, such as
the case of for example TRichedit, maybe because it's provided by an user
package or maybe the user wants to swap such class for a TMemo and then retry
again to remove new invalid properties, etc.

* A dialog pops that some units are not found: dnssend, smtpsend, synautil,
synamisc. It offer us to remove or comment them. I would be happy if: (the
best) it makes an effort to find the best package (known by lazarus at that
time) that provides these units and offer a list if find more than one and then
add the requirement to converted project, or (the worst) it could ask where to
find such units and add them to source path.

My selection this time was comment them, at this point the convertion process
finished.

To fix the project so it compiled I have to do in addition:

* There is no main form visible (a no forms in forms list) although unit1.pas
was added to project inspector. Doubleclicking the unit1.pas node in project
inspector showed the form and form1 now appears in forms list.

* added synapse package requirement and uncommented the synapse units in
mailchck.pas unit.

* saved the project and compiled. It failed with this: Error: Can't open
resource file "/home/prog/work/synapse/39/source/demo/MailCheck/MailCheck.RES",
.RES?, I looked into project source and found {$R *.RES}, simply changed *.RES
to *.res and this time it compiled fine.

did it run? yes. did it work? no, at least no here in linux x86_64 but that is
another matter :)

Jesus Reyes A.

      Encuentra las mejores recetas en Yahoo! Cocina.
http://mx.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/