Hello Lazarus-List,

>> Painting directly onto TEdit's background canvas - is that what you
>> are having issues with under GTK2?
z> It's because ws paints such control (same like under qt), you can paint on it
z> whatever, but at the end your changes won't be visible since ws theme painter
z> do the job.

Yes that seems to be the cause, something out of my control is finally
painting the content.

z> At the end of this page
z> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan you can
z> find the way how to cheat qt (so maybe there's similar way with gtk2), and
z> have own paintings, but LCL doesn't provide eg. OwnerDraw property for
z> TCustomEdit, or some result from paint message, where ws should know how to
z> paint control (does ws paint , or we cheat it and we made our custom
z> painting).

I do not wish to struggle GTK, I wish to do everything in "plain" LCL
way, but seems to be not possible. Anyway I'll investigate a bit and
get more familiar with GTK way of life.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun