Matt Shaffer wrote:
> Is it really accurate to the millisecond?

As far as Windows and MSDN documentation, the answer seems to be yes. The
resolution of create time is 10 milliseconds.

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724290(VS.85).aspx

> Anyway, also interested if
> OEMs like HP would have the same timestamps then, as from my

Luckily Windows needs to be reinstalled every 6 months to be usable (speed
wise). :-)  On a serious note, you raise a valid point. But for our clients
(franchisees - we are a franchise business), they never tend to by branded
PC's because they are too expensive. So I doubt this will really be an
issue for us.

The other question raised by our technician is that he believes some
programs modify the date of the Windows install folder. This will prompt
the security software to ask for a new unlock code. We still need to
confirm what the technician suspects.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/