Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Definitely yes, we have 3 web applications in our company written with
> FPC+tiOPF+PWU.  The IRC bot (FPCBot) is also implemented/compiled with
> FPC.

PWU = Powtils ?

Unfortunately, here in Brazil, most people/companies to not think so.
The most companies think to use C# or Java. I think Pascal is more
simple, small and fast. But I'm afraid when tell me nobody use Pascal
any more... especially when we talk about web applications.

>  http://www.hu.freepascal.org/fpcircbot/cgifpcbot?channel=lazarus-ide
>

> My personal home-grown wiki is also written/compiled with FPC.
>  http://opensoft.homeip.net/wiki/wiki.cgi?p=Main-Page

Thanks for the links. Are great examples of what FPC can do.

> Michael van Canneyt I believe also writes web apps for his company using FPC.

I believe too. He participate of ExtPascal's list but he is gone...  :(

Razvan Adrian Bogdan <lightningfl...@gmail.com>:

> I wanted to do it exclusively in FPC and used only FPC compatible
> technologies (PWU) but was later forced to use ADO (bad choice but not my
> choice and what else for MSSQL), i wasn't sure if FPC supports ADO, still i
> did do a very serious app for a very serious company and it is done at the
> moment in Delphi but could be easily compiled with FPC if i could find a way
> to use ADO in FPC without making apps huge, ADO is already making them too
> large for CGI even in Delphi.

Good you say that about ADO.
In my company, we use MSSQLServer too. No way to change that for many
reasons...
So, I would like to use FPC compiled on Linux, but is very important
the conection with MSSQLServer... and that has to be fast.

Marcos Douglas