On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The latest source code from the official repository did not even
> compile for us (a few months back). So what we still use is a slightly
> older version - and it compiles fine. :)
>
> It can be download from here:
>  http://opensoft.homeip.net/~graemeg/pwu-1.6.0.2.tar.gz
>
> I don't know the official download location any more. Here are some
> more links. The official site is the z505.com one.
>
>  http://z505.com/powtils/idx.shtml
>  http://z505.com/powtils/docs.shtml
>  http://wiki.freepascal.org/Powtils
>  http://code.google.com/p/powtils/
>
> Yes, we use threading in plain CGI apps, but only for
> logging/debugging purposes. Our
> "log-to-[file|sysevents|screen|debugserver]" units all use threading
> and cached logging so it doesn't interfere with performance too much.
> Release builds have logging disabled. As you know, a standard CGI is
> similar to a Console app: It runs, does it's thing, then exits.

Now I understood about threads in your app.
Thanks for the PWU's links.

> Our desktop apps use lots of multi-threading though.

Oh yes! In desktop apps I use multi-threading a lot.

2010/5/7 Leonardo M. <l.r...@griensu.com>:

> Easier installation, and in some cases, I need more than a web server,
> for example, one of our apps is a TCP server, that opens up two ports,
> one for Dicom connections (for medical imaging) and another one for
> HTTP, to serve the html/javascript/images that allow the user to see
> what's happening and do some configurations.

Well... maybe to do just TCP server app and another CGI+[Apache | IIS
| lighttp | etc] for reuse code these web servers...
But I understood you.

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Dariusz Mazur <dar...@emadar.com> wrote:

> We also develop web application. Better: its the same application as
> desktop: mid size enterprise ERP
> from web side its work as FCGI or embedded server, also with ssl,  can work
> on Linux or Win, as daemon or console application,
> Also both version, desktop and web coexists, some users work local, some via
> browser
> Since several weeks it can work on ARM too (not whole, but monitoring part)

Do you use FPC or Delphi?

> its consists small part AJAX, CSS and several base units writes for web, but
> rest code (95%) is shared between desktop and web,
>
> From developer view:
> In normal code is no HTML and no Javascript.
> Its consists forms, grids, modal windows, popup menus,  reports based on
> PDF, keyboard navigation, etc
> Logically is very similar do LCL, VCL, with passing messages as in windows
>
> if someone want to see: http://www.invoicer.pl/mobile  (freeware part)
> For someone interesting I've prepare xweb library  with source, with it
> simple web app can be build.

Very interesting.
Can you put a link of source? Thanks.

Marcos Douglas