On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Marcos Douglas wrote:

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<mich...@freepascal.org> wrote:

The prefix is not needed. It makes it easier, but is by no means a
requirement, as long as you keep the unit names separate.

Compare

 Edit1 : myedit.tedit

 Edit1 : tmyedit

In the second case, you'll cover 99% of all cases.

If by any chance there is an overlap, then the first scenario

 edit1 : myedit.tmmyedit

is still an option.

Right! But you saw what I written in first mail of this thread?
See:
"If units are namespaces, why not use them in widgets declarations,
automatic, in Lazarus?
When we droped a widget in a Form, ie a TEdit, the declarion would be like this:
TForm1 = class(Form)
Edit1: StdCtrls.TEdit;
end;"

I talked about the Lazarus put the unit name like a prefix in all classes.

I know.

But if implemented, I would strongly suggest that this is an option, off by default; I would not want it in my code. I don't see the use of it, but of course each has his way, and if that works better for you, why not...

Michael.