Paul Ishenin schrieb:
28.03.12 23:23, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
Currently dragging is broken in the LCL, see Mantis #18525. Currently
any attempt to undock a docked window makes at least a Windows
application hang, in an unusable state, until a *different* application
is activated by the user.

I see no reason why the submitted patch should not be applied, in order
to make the DragManager more robust. The patch only affects dragging
operations, has no effect when nothing is being dragged.

Looks like the reasons were mentioned to you in the issue comments.

That's why I ask for more opinions.

You are trying to remove the code which is there for a reason. The reason was also mentioned to you.

The reasons are wild guesses, that's why I ask for an proof.

This is not the way to go - you are just trying to hide the problem instead of fixing it.

The problem is a the vulnerability of the DragManager, against bad coding practice. The patch makes the DragManager less sensitive to such errors, which (currently) can be made by everybody in his own code.

The current situation, and your arguments, read to the user like:

"We know that there exist bugs, and we know how to eliminate fatal consequences, but we prefer to leave our code in unusable state."

DoDi