Paul Ishenin schrieb:
29.03.2012 6:14, Paul Ishenin wrote:

28.03.12 23:23, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
Currently dragging is broken in the LCL, see Mantis #18525. Currently
any attempt to undock a docked window makes at least a Windows
application hang, in an unusable state, until a *different* application
is activated by the user.

Also about broken dragging.

I create a small application: Form1 with Panel with DockSite = True, Form2 with DragKind = dkDock, DragMode = dmAutomatic. I included LDockTree into the uses section.

The application perfecly docks and undocks the second form using mouse.

It also works perfectly with the EasyDockManager.

So I conclude that Docking is broken not in LCL but in non-LCL drag managers (e.g. those from examples directory).

Your conclusions are wrong :-(

1) The choice of the DockManager does *not* affect the dragging behaviour of an application.

2) The example is too simple, it also works with a different DockManager.

Try again with a reasonable example, where the misbehaviour can be observed, e.g. with the IDE.

DoDi