On 23/04/2014 19:29, Marcos Douglas wrote:
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Martin Frb <laza...@mfriebe.de> wrote:
On 18/04/2014 23:48, Martin Frb wrote:

On 18/04/2014 17:09, Marcos Douglas wrote:

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Martin Frb <laza...@mfriebe.de> wrote:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#gdb.exe_has_stopped_working
in the field "debugger_startup_options" enter: --eval-command="set
auto-solib-add off"

But I have no idea if that is going to change anything.

This worked, thank you!

Since this "fixes" a variety of gdb issues, I added an option
"DisableLoadSymbolsForLibraries" True/False.

This is in trunk, and 1.2.3 (will be is 1.2.4)

BTW completely forgot, there also is

WarnOnInternalError Default true. If set to False, internal errors by gdb
will be ignored by the IDE. Yet that does not change, that gdb did have an
internal error, and that debugging may report incorrect data, or dis-behave
in anyway. Neither will it prevent follow up error. It simple skips
informing the user, yet fixes nothing. Leave on true, unless you get
repeatedly the same internal error, and have tested well, that it does not
affect you. (Then the warning dialog would be annoying, and you may want to
skip it)

Which together with "Reset debugger after each run" would have done as well.

But would have the side effect of hiding potential other warnings, leaving
you unaware of problems.
For me "Reset debugger after each run" is enough. But what are the
disadvantages to use this option?
Sorry my late, I was traveling.

Starting the debugger my take a bit longer (may be less than a second, may be 2 or 3 secs).

Well, the first time, you debug, all is the same. No change.

But normally the IDE keeps using the running gdb, so it does not need to start a new instance of gdb. (Also saves sending a few initialization commands.) "Reset debugger" simply means, to close gdb, and start a new GDB. (Also create a new instance of the controller class in the IDE, but that is minor).