On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Maciej Izak <hnb.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMO the best option for Lazarus is synergy of solution from CodeTyphon (the
> way of handling docked form in many platforms) and FreeSparta (elastic
> interfaces, it handles many usefull events like:

Sounds good but how much are you willing to help with it?
I have now time for Lazarus development but I don't know where to look
for your docking code or elastic interfaces. We need a patch against
Lazarus trunk. Can you promise to provide a patch and then work with
me and Balázs to get the feature ready?
Balázs is already thinking of improvements for his code. I think we
must soon decide how to proceed exactly.

Maciej, you can also use your private branch for Lazarus instead of
sending patches:
  http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/branches/free-sparta/
We still have not seen commits there. Why?
The branch was provided to make committing your code as easy as
possible. Before that you had provided a patch with > 300000 lines
which was rather a joke.

> If someone had helped me more then I would be able to implement compatible
> ToolsAPI.pas with Delphi...
> That means Delphi plugins pluggable with Lazarus with small changes :).

I am willing to help with the ToolsAPI. When did you ask for help?
Maybe I missed it. For sure you did not offer patches for it, I follow
patches quite diligently.

Somehow I have a feeling that you don't _really_ want to contribute
your FreeSparta code for Lazarus. No patches, except for one 300000
LOC patch, and it is always the fault of Lazarus developers who did
not help you enough or were not interested in your code.
If this is a conscious revenge for the developers for being against a
Lazarus fork then it goes to a wrong address. None of Lazarus
developers were against it. Never. Some other people were, yes, and
they gave an impression they represented Lazarus project but they did
not. I am happy that episode is over.

Now please tell how much you will participate in the dockable form
editor project. If you don't want to participate, it is perfectly OK
but we must know. I have a feeling this long awaited feature will
happen soon.

Juha

P.S.
I am also impressed by your FreeSparta just like Graeme. I am still
hoping we could integrate parts of it to Lazarus. Let's see...