On 18/09/2015 00:28, Bo Berglund wrote:
I have a need to port a Delphi console program written for Windows to
be used on Raspberry Pi2.
Apparently it is possible to use Freepascal to get programs running on
the Pi2 platform, but can it be done in Windows so I don't have to
install the complete IDE on a Pi and set it up with a monitor,
keyboard and mouse just for running the compile?

The program is a communication module that talks over TCP/IP sockets
to a data collection device connected via WiFi.
I use the Indy10 TCP/IP components (created in code) to communicate
and the data is decoded and stored on disk.

What are the steps needed to port to Pi2?

Any experience with a similar project would be good to read about!

You might be able to compile on the RPi as I did. See the section "Compiling..." at:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi/DigitalClock.html

I, too, would be interested in cross-compiling....
--
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu