On 09/22/2015 11:43 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
Now you are approaching “dangerous” territory. :-)
Right, but RAD does not require Event Programming, nor makes Event Programming a project "RAD" !

OTHO you can of course state that preferring Event Programming over fully user managed code is a matter of taste I can't decently argue against that (I do fully user managed code with 90 % of my projects).

But If the programming system suggests to to Event Programming for 90 % of the projects done by the users (i.e. for Desktop application) and every user is trained by doing this, to me it is not very "nice" to force the users to use a different paradigm when doing certain non-Desktop projects. And as you state yourself in the other mail, MSE proves that it is possible using fpc in a seamless way.

(Not at all wanting to bash the Lazarus developers, as they do a great job and you can't expect that everything you want is just there out of the box. But OTOH ignoring the facts does not change them ;-) )

-Michael