On 22/09/15 16:18, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2015-09-22 15:27, Lukasz Sokol wrote:

[...]
>> Sometimes I want it to 'just work' and be based on well known and understood
>> code base,
>
> I understand my code just fine. :) I have also built up a "developers
> toolbox" over the years which includes tons of code snippets, code
> templates, template projects, template forms etc. Simply copy it in, do
> a rename here or there, and away I go. This saves me stacks of time and
> it 'just works' too. ;-)

It's more probably like, if I want to create a networked application,
even something that communicates through locally opened sockets on 127.0.0.1,
I have some usable options that separate me from the under-the-bonnet insides
of TCP/IP stack,
i can use them or ... or I can reinvent Synapse... which I'd rather not.

In deep abstract sense, making T(FP)Timer and Event-Driven programming to work
universally,
whether as dragged&dropped component or as instantiated class, is more similar
to the above.
To me, as a rookie, anyway ;)

> But hey, we are seriously straying off-topic. Better stop here before I
> get band from the mailing lists again.

OK.

> Regards,
>   - Graeme -