On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 14:40:50 +0100, Martin Frb <laza...@mfriebe.de>
wrote:

>On 10/10/2015 23:33, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I wanted to comment out a number of lines so I hit the key combination
>> to produce the { } pair. But nothing was printed in the Lazarus
>> editor.
>> If I switched to the text editor in the GUI the keys produced the
>> wanted characters.
>>
>> So something in Lazarus eats the key presses needed in Sweden to
>> produce the braces (RightAlt-7 and RightAlt-0).
>> Is there a configuration somewhere to stop this from happening so one
>> can enter comments in Lazarus?
>>
>This sometimes happens, if the key combo matches a configured shortcut.
>You can check this in tools > options> editor > keyboard
>
>Right Alt = AltGr ? that is usually seen as equal to ctrl-alt.
>
>Though I am not aware of anything an ctrl-alt 7 or 0 by default.
>Bookmarks are on ctrl-0 to 9. Maybe test this, set bookmark 7 and see if
>your key combo jumps there.

Yes, what I meant was the AltGr key to the right of the space key.

I have investigated further now and when I use the Pi directly
(monitor connected to Pi and keyboard/mouse too) then the {} keys do
work.
When I noticed the problem I was using TightVNC to remotely access the
GUI. So somehow VNC might be involved here.
OTOH, to safeguard against that I tried with the Raspbian text editor
in the VNC controlled GUI and there were no problems in that editor.
Only the Lazarus code editor shows this.

Another observation:
If I select a button on a form and go to the Caption property (n.b.
inside Lazarus) the { can be entered as a caption character!

I guess that there must be some key mapping in Lazarus that does this,
but I have not even looked at any customization of Lazarus yet...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden