On 22/10/2015 22:04, Bo Berglund wrote:
What I really wonder about next is the fact that it is different from in Delphi when one starts a command line program while developing. In Delphi the black terminal window shows up and one can see the progress of the execution there. In this case there was nothing, not even a single message in the messages window. It was as if the program did not run at all. But it might be intended to be like this on Linux, this is my first try really.

On Windows you should get a terminal, if your app was compiled as console.

On linux the terminal is just a device /dev/pty, and the terminal in which the command is running does the display.

Lazarus on linux has a debug window (menu view) to show the console output