On Friday 23 October 2015 09:44:58 Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 10/22/2015 11:13 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> > So it had helpers to show the recorded data in listviews and other
> > such GUI related stuff
>
> This is called "RAD" ("Rapid Application Development")  and a big
> marketing argument of all companies who sold Delphi.
>
> But it is very bad for portability.  Investing some effort, it can be
> overcome, though (see my message to Graeme.)

In my understanding "RAD" is visually placing components in forms and
datamodules, to set component properties in objectinspector and to use event
properties in order to react on events.
Separating GUI and business logic is perfectly possible with RAD. Implement
the business logic by components, properties and code in datamodules and
additional units, for the GUI use forms witout or only GUI specific code.
And before Graeme shows his image with the thousand components in a single
datamodule here how it could look:
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/mseguirad.png
;-)
In order to connect the GUI with the business model use TDatasource and
TAction for example or use glue code. MSEgui additionally has the MSEifi
components from component palette tab "ifi".
Applications without GUI use tnoguiapplication instead of tguiapplication as
application instance for the main-eventqueue. tnoguiapplication has no
dependency on GUI-libraries and GUI-services and provides a platform
independent API. I assume Lazarus has a similar approach.

Martin