On 13.12.2015 17:59, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
Am 2015-12-13 um 16:52 schrieb Ondrej Pokorny:
On 13.12.2015 16:38, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
Also, the escape key no longer selects mrAbort.
I cannot exit from the dialog with escape.
Is this intended?
The escape key selects mrCancel now (this was changed) - but you should definitely be able to exit the dialog with escape. See http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=26019 .
As you may have seen from my code snippet I do not use mrCancel.
What happens in this case?

As I said before, mrCancel is returned, unless you defined a specific "cancel" button.

Should mrAbort used instead?
At least I am (no longer) able to exit from this dialog with Escape (on Windows 8.1)

I am able to exit from the native dialog with Escape. You forgot to notice that you are using the non-native dialog through disabling themes in the application (which is a fundamental information for this issue).

If you have any trouble with the code change, please attach a sample project so that we can discuss it more precisely.
I would have no problem to switch from mrAbort to mrCancel.
I am just wondering, why Escape no longer lets me exit at all.

Because there is no Button defined with "Cancel" property set to true any more. I fixed that.

Nevertheless, the TMemo issue is more severe to me
(even though I am planning to write my own QuestionDLG but
this may take a while, too many other things in the pipeline....)

The memo width is computed from the text. But the width should be increased with the scrollbar and memo border width so that the text fits inside. If this is done, the memo doesn't have to be maximized (although it can) - Mattias added support for the memo, so I let him decide.

Ondrej