Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 22:48:02 +0100
Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
Fatal: (10022) Can't find unit process used by RegisterFCL
Does RegisterFCL work differently on Linux x64 than on Linux ARM?

No.

By the way I found a process.pp file in the fpc 3.0.0 sources:
packages/fcl-process/src/process.pp

You should have a process.ppu in your FPC install directory.

Maybe the lazarus "make bigide" does not search the correct directory
so it misses this on an ARM platform? Just guessing now of course...

process.ppu is part of every FPC install.
It must be in the -Fu search path of your /etc/fpc.cfg.

$ fpc -iV
3.0.0
# Unpack 1.6RC1, rename directory to lazarus-1.6.0+3.0.0
$ cd lazarus-1.6.0+3.0.0
$ make bigide
..
make[1]: Leaving directory ... lazarus-1.6.0+3.0.0/components/chmhelp/lhelp'

The result runs, including on Raspbian Jessie's GTK2. The only obvious thing that I'd fault is that the lazarus binary (i.e. specifically referring to the IDE) is poor at handling --help and --version. However

$ ./lazbuild --version
1.6RC1

works as expected.

So if an inexperienced twit like me can get it running, and can successfully maintain multiple versions of FPC and Lazarus including different combinations of compiler and IDE, why can't anybody?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk